The Graduate Student Social Work Association is for all MSW students. All current students are automatically members once admitted as a part-time or full-time MSW student. The organization officers are elected annually by the graduate student body. The association determines its goals and priorities at the start of each school year.
Typical activities organized by the association each year include:
- New student information sessions
- Community Service and Outreach activities
- Social gatherings for students and faculty
- Fund-raising for group activities and to make donations to outside organizations
- Planning the annual Hooding Ceremony held each year for graduating MSWs.
To get involved please contact:
LAS CRUCES: GSSWA President: Felicia Herrera
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Frances Nedjat-Haiem
ALBUQUERQUE: GSSWA President: Jacqueline Jones
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Megan Finno-Velasquez