- December 1, 2020: Early Decision Deadline
- February 1, 2021: Priority Deadline (Applications received after this date reviewed on a rolling basis as space allows)
- April 1, 2021: Final Deadline
If you experience difficulties in submitting your application please email Stacy Gherardi at email@example.com
How to Apply:
1. Read about the program & application process:
- FALL 2021 MSW Application Information Packet: FULL-TIME & PART TIME Site based & Online
- FALL 2021 MSW Application Information Packet: ADVANCED STANDING Site Based & Online
2. Complete the electronic application: MSW/GRADUATE SCHOOL ELECTRONIC APPLICATION
All applicants must apply to the MSW Program through the NMSU Graduate School application. The Graduate School application site will allow you to submit your graduate application, unofficial transcripts and required MSW application documents at the same time. Application fee: $40
Important information for Prospective Students
- Students in the full time program (site based and online) will have four academic courses each semester plus a field work placement & seminar.
- Part time students take three academic courses per semester and in their last two years also have a field work placement & seminar.
- The field work component requires students to spend approximately 16-20 hours a week in their field experience placement plus additional meetings and assignments required for the field practicum.
- Given the demands of 24 hours per week doing direct school work and time needed for studying, part time students will find it difficult to work full time.
While we do not want to discourage students from applying to our programs, we do want to fully inform you of the heavy time demands for both full time and part time students.
If these are issues you have questions about, you are urged to discuss them with an MSW Academic Advisor before beginning the application process.
Graduate Assistant Information: