How to Apply:
1. Read about the program & application process:
- FALL 2020 MSW Application Information Packet: FULL-TIME & PART TIME Site based & Online
- FALL 2020 MSW Application Information Packet: ADVANCED STANDING Site Based & Online
2. Complete the electronic application: MSW/GRADUATE SCHOOL ELECTRONIC APPLICATION
All applicants must apply to the MSW Program through the NMSU Graduate School application. The Graduate School application site will allow you to submit your graduate application, unofficial transcripts and required MSW application documents at the same time. Application fee: $40
*ALBUQUERQUE APPLICANTS: Under Graduate Enrollment Information>Campus, you will choose NMSU-Las Cruces. Once you choose this option and “Master’s” degree, you will have the opportunity to select any of the Albuquerque program options under “Intended Majors (Master’s)”. Albuquerque applicants are being prompted to submit a “General Statement of Purpose” although this is not required by the MSW program. You may submit a blank document in this area in order to complete your application.
Important information for Prospective Students
- Students in the full time program (site based and online) will have four academic courses each semester plus a field work placement & seminar.
- Part time students take three academic courses per semester and in their last two years also have a field work placement & seminar.
- The field work component requires students to spend approximately 16-20 hours a week in their field experience placement plus additional meetings and assignments required for the field practicum.
- Given the demands of 24 hours per week doing direct school work and time needed for studying, part time students will find it difficult to work full time.
While we do not want to discourage students from applying to our programs, we do want to fully inform you of the heavy time demands for both full time and part time students.
If these are issues you have questions about, you are urged to discuss them with an MSW Academic Advisor before beginning the application process.
Graduate Assistant Information: