Application & Admission Criteria
- You need to be at least tentatively accepted to NMSU-Main campus. You may apply to NMSU online.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 is required.
- It is important that you complete 60-65 countable degree credits including the NMSU general education requirements and/or be in progress of completing the School of Social Work requirements.
- Per our accreditation, no course credit is given for work or life experience.
- Transfer students should schedule an advising appointment with the undergraduate academic advisor at 575-646-3789 email@example.com as early as possible to determine which of their credits will transfer to NMSU and which will count towards this degree.
- A complete formal application is required (Application form, Resume, three (3) Letters of Reference and Personal Statement & Course Checklist). Applications are available by clicking on the BSW Application link below.
- The deadline for submitting the application packet to the School of Social Work is January 31st. Incomplete application packets are not reviewed or considered for admission.
- Applications that are received after January 31st will only be considered after all on-time applications have been evaluated and there are additional student seats available.
- Final acceptance to the Social Work program will be determined by the School of Social Work Admissions Committee. Acceptance or denial letters will be sent directly from the School of Social Work to the student in time for advisement and pre-registration for the Fall semester.
If you have questions, please contact your academic advisor.
2018-2019 BSW APPLICATION PACKET:
Click here: 2019 BSW Application Packet
Click here: 2019 Reference Form
Undergraduate Social Work Academic Advisor
Students who are interested in Pre-Social Work (PSWK) and the Bachelor of Social Work major should schedule an advising appointment as soon as possible by contacting the Undergraduate Academic Advisor assigned to Social Work:
Brenda L. Purcell
Garcia Annex, Room 112
Bachelor of Social Work Program Coordinator
Maria Gurrola, Ph.D.
Health & Social Services Bldg, Room 210